Last winter, I had the honor of photographing Jose and Sam’s engagement session! Tomorrow, I’m flying down to Miami to photograph their wedding and I cannot wait. To celebrate their wedding that will take place in just TWO DAYS, here’s a selection of my favorite photos from their engagement session. Enjoy! <3
Hiring a wedding photographer can be a very daunting task. You might fall in love with someone’s style but aren’t sure how well you’ll work together when it comes to your event. Engagement photos are an incredible opportunity to get to know your photographer. Here are a few things you’ll want to make note of before and during your engagement session:
- How well do you communicate throughout the scheduling process?
- Does the photographer answer all of your questions when it comes to ‘What to Wear’, location ideas, etc.?
- How does the photographer make you feel during the session? Are you comfortable and able to relax?
- Does the photographer offer gentle posing suggestions?
Once you receive your final product, you’ll be able to gauge what your actual wedding photos will look like. In addition, you will have a little insight as to the photographer’s processes and how they work behind the scenes.
Here are a few questions you definitely want to ask prior to hiring your wedding photographer before signing the contract:
- How long will you be on site on the actual wedding day?
- Will I get a preview of the photos before my full gallery is ready?
- How long before I can see the preview (also called a sneak peek)?
- How many photos can I expect to receive in the full gallery?
- How long before the full gallery of images will be ready?
- What type of products will I receive? Digital images, printed images, a photo album?
- May I see an example of a full gallery that you’ve recently completed?
While these questions are all fairly basic, they are incredibly important when it comes to setting expectations. Each of them should be discussed verbally and detailed covered within the photography contract to help avoid any confusion.
Do you have questions that should be added to my #MustAsk list? If so, leave them in the comments below!
If you’re on the hunt for a Miami wedding photographer, please email me at email@example.com and we’ll set up a time to chat. I’d love to hear from you!